Questions to ask at your wedding venue
Following on from my article about Choosing a Reception Venue, I thought it would be handy for you to have ready a list of questions to ask at your wedding venue viewing appointments. Some of these questions may not apply to your wedding plans – however, it might be useful to download and print out these questions to bring along to your viewing.
- How many can the function room hold for day guests and extra evening guests?
- How many weddings do you host in one day?
- Do you offer wedding packages and what do they include (Room hire, centrepieces, chair covers etc)?
- If I want to have my ceremony here, are you licenced?
- Is there a room hire charge for this?
- Where would the ceremony take place?
- Can it be held outside? (although in Northern Ireland that all depends on the weather)
Read More: Don’t Let rain ruin your wedding day
- Where would the photographs be taken, inside and outside?
- How many bedrooms do you have and can I block book them if I book my wedding here?
- How long is the block booking held for?
- Is there a special accommodation rate for guests staying over?
- Can we provide our own wine and do you charge for opening it?
- What way would the room be laid out, it is round or long tables?
- Who will look after us on the day?
- What time does the entertainment have to finish?
- Do you have a residents bar?
- Can we bring our own traybakes etc. for arrival / evening buffet?
- How long will a provisional booking be held for?
- How much deposit is required?
- When is the final balance due?