Questions to ask at your wedding venue
Following on from my article about Choosing a Reception Venue, I thought it would be handy for you to have ready a list of questions to ask at your wedding venue viewing appointments. Some of these questions may not apply to your wedding plans – however, it might be useful to print out these questions to bring along to your viewing.
Have I missed any questions? Feel free to add them in the comments below…
- How many can the function room hold for day guests and extra evening guests?
- How many weddings do you host in one day?
- Do you offer wedding packages and what do they include (Room hire, centrepieces, chair covers etc)?
- If I want to have my ceremony here, are you licenced?
- Is there a room hire charge for this?
- Where would the ceremony take place?
- Can it be held outside? (although in Northern Ireland that all depends on the weather)
- Where would the photographs be taken, inside and outside?
- How many bedrooms do you have and can I block book them if i book my wedding here?
- How long is the block booking held for?
- Is there a special accommodation rate for guests staying over?
- Can we provide our own wine and do you charge for opening it?
Read More: Don’t let rain ruin your day!
- What way would the room be laid out, it is round or long tables?
- Who will look after us on the day?
- What time does the entertainment have to finish?
- Do you have a residents bar?
- Can we bring our own traybakes etc. for arrival / evening buffet?
- How long will a provisional booking be held for?
- How much deposit is required?
- When is the final balance due?
Read More: Wedding Evening Buffet Ideas
Read More: Budget for your wedding day
Paul is married to Patricia (who helped him write these Wedding Hints & Tips posts!!) and the proud Dad to 2 fantastic sons.
He has been a full-time professional photographer since 1990 and been privileged to have been asked to photograph well over 1300 weddings since then.
He worked in his own High Street Photography Studios up until December 2010 when he decided to downsize and work from home. He now splits his time between running Photography Courses and Workshops and Wedding Photography, limiting himself to 30 weddings a year to maintain the quality and high level of customer service to each of his couples.
Based in Ballyclare, Northern Ireland